An apple of medium size including its skin has around 80 calories in it. If you take a dry apple then it will have only 15 calories per ring in it. Apples are a very good fruit for dieting and for weight control. Of course we cannot go forward without quoting the famous saying that "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"! You can have the apple combined with chopped nuts, cinnamons and calorie-less spray and you will have around 100 calories of pure and great diet food. A medium sized apple contains around 150 milligrams of potassium which is very important for your heart to work properly, apples with greatly help you in losing weight. Apples are very rich in fiber which is easily soluble thus giving you a lower cholesterol level. They are also a great source of vitamins like Vitamin C.
There are lots of studies being conducted on apples and the results have shown that they are great for health. Some of the great advantages of apples are as follows:
1. Apples can provide 10% of the soluble body fiber because they are rich in fiber content and an average sized apple contains 3 grams of fiber.
2. You can easily reduce your cholesterol level using the fibers in the apples.
3. You can reduce about 10% of your cholesterol level using apples daily. This way the heart diseases will stay far away from you.
4. Harmful toxins are removed from the body due to the Pectin present in apples.
5. You can easily keep away cancer from your body with the daily usage of apples.
6. A study recently conducted has shown that broccoli, onions, tea, and apples are the most abundant source of flavonoids. Due to this there is a 20% reduction in the risk of heart problems and diseases.
7. You immune system gets stronger due to the usage of apples.
8. You can control your sugar levels in the blood very easily with the usage of apples.
9. Apples with help avoid stones in kidneys.
10. Apples reduce the threat of colon and breast cancer.